Pages

6.17.2010

dead squirrel.

I see a lot when I walk home from school.

A lot of things are just normal, a pine cone on a side walk, a ripple in a puddle.

Why do I look at ripples in puddles?
Anyways.

Today I was, k'now, just walking along, feeling completely tired until something gray and fuzzy caught my eye. It was weird. It was a squirrel.

It had a deep gash in its leg and its mouth was slightly open. It looked really distressed. I thought it had lost a leg until I realized the white thing there was a bone.

Right about then I shuddered.

I was looking at it for awhile, trying to figure out HOW it died because, um, leg meat doesn't just split like that. Angry deer? Angry bird? Angry dog? Angry cat? Angry bunny? HUMAN???

The more I looked at it, the more disgusted I got. The more disgusted I got, the more I couldn't look away.

It was a terrible sensation. Nevereverever look at a dead squirrel for too long.


The hairs on its tail blew in the wind.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is a really creepy but a really good ending line. The hairs on its tail blew in the wind. That really is an awesome ending.

    ReplyDelete

html allowed. to do html, do the copy the symbols&letters below, without the spaces.
< b > (bold) < / b > , < i > (italics) < / i >